We are ready to roll out the red carpet for you here in Kuna! We can help make your project as seamless and painless as possible. All projects are evaluated individually and confidentially.
Idaho Economic Development Incentives
Incentives are Idaho’s investment in its economic future. Through the following incentives, Idaho continues to demonstrate its willingness to invest in those who invest and reinvest in the State of Idaho.
Tax Reimbursement Incentive
Expanding or relocating to Idaho is a decision that could provide a big return on your investment! Our Tax Reimbursement Incentive can provide a tax credit of up to 30% on Income, Payroll, and Sales Tax for up to 15 years. The incentive is available for a broad range of industries, and the best part is that it’s open to existing Idaho businesses looking to expand and new businesses coming into Idaho.
- Companies in rural areas must create 20 new jobs, and those in urban centers must create 50.
- New jobs must be full-time (30 hours or more) and pay equal to or greater than the average county wage.
- Company must prove its stability and a significant economic impact to the community and Idaho.
- Company must prove that the incentive is a critical factor to its decision.
The tax reimbursement incentive program is effective July 1, 2014. Contact us to learn more and we can calculate an estimate for you.
Idaho Business Advantage (For qualifying companies)
- Increases the Investment Tax Credit to 3.75% against the corporate income tax.
- Real Property Improvement Tax Credit of 2.5% against corporate income tax.
- New Jobs Tax credit increases the corporate income tax credit per job depending on wages paid.
- Sales and Use Tax Rebate of 25%.
- Small Employer Growth Incentive.
Workforce Development Training Fund
Businesses can receive up to $3,000 in cash reimbursements for the training of full-time, new employees or for helping retain employees facing permanent layoff..
Idaho Opportunity Fund
The IOF Fund serves as a "deal closing fund" in which to strengthen Idaho’s competitive ability to support expansion of existing Idaho businesses and recruit new companies to the state, ultimately creating new jobs and economic growth in Idaho. Funding for the Idaho Opportunity Fund is allotted at the discretion of the Idaho Commerce director for infrastructure improvements to help attract or accommodate a new commercial or industrial facility.
3% Investment Tax Credit
A credit against Idaho corporate income tax for qualifying new investment in depreciable, tangible personal property (machinery and equipment) used in Idaho.
Idaho Power Industrial Efficiency Incentive
Cash incentive for energy efficient designs.
Property Tax Exemption
Depending on the county, businesses investing at least $500,000 in new or existing non-retail, commercial or industrial facilities, may qualify for a full or partial property tax exemption for up to five years.