Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
If applicable or determined applicable by P&Z Staff. For questions contact (208) 922-5274. Note: Pre-Applications are valid for a period of three (3) months.
Detailed Letter of Explanation or justification for the application describing the project and design elements, and how the project complies with Design Review Standards.
One (1) Vicinity Map 8.5" x 11" in size, at 1" = 300' scale (or similar). Label the location of the property and adjacent streets.
One (1) 8.5" x 11" colored aerial photo depicting the proposed site, street names, and surrounding area within five-hundred feet (500').
Provide a copy of the Deed; if the applicant is not the Owner, a notarized Affidavit of Legal Interest from the Owner (and all interested parties) stating the applicant is authorized to submit this application. An Affidavit of Legal Interest form can be found by clicking the link at the end of this application. NOTE: The original Affidavit of Legal Interest must be mailed with payment after receipt of Completeness Letter.
No smaller that 1" = 300' unless otherwise approved. Two (2) 24" x 36" Large Format Plans; one (1) 11" x 17" Plan Reduction; one (1) 8.5" x 11" Plan Reduction are required.
Provide a color rendering specifically noting where each color and material is to be located on the structure in a PDF or JPG format.
A Site Plan that graphically portrays the site and includes the following features: 1) North arrow. 2) To scale drawings. 3) Property lines. 4) Name of "Plan Preparer" with contact info. 5) Name of project & date. 6) Existing structures; identify those which are to be relocated or removed. 7) On-site adjoining streets, alleys, private drives and rights-of-way. 8) Drainage location and method of on-site retention/detention. 9) Location of public restrooms. 10) Existing/proposed utility service and any above-ground utility structures and their location. 11) Location and width of easements, canals and drainage ditches. 12) Location and dimensions of off-street parking. 13) Locations and sizes of any loading area, docks, ramps and vehicle storage or service areas. 14) Trash storage areas and exterior mechanical equipment with proposed method of screening. 15) Sign locations (a separate sign application must be submitted along with this application; a link and upload area are provided at the end of this application). 16) On-site transportation circulation plan for motor vehicles, pedestrians, and bicycles. 17) Locations and uses of ALL Open Spaces. 18) Locations, types and sizes of sound and visual buffers (Note: All buffers must be located outside the public right-of-way). 19) Parking layout including spaces, driveways, curb cuts, circulation patterns, pedestrian walks and vision triangles. 20) Location of subdivision lines (if applicable). 21) Illustration that demonstrates adequate sight distance is provided for motor vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles. 22) Location of walls and fences and indication of their height and material of construction. 23) Roofline and foundation plan of building location on the site. 24) Location and designations of all sidewalks. 25) Location and designation of all rights-of-way and property lines.
The landscape and streetscape plans need to be drawn by the project architect, professional landscape architect, landscape designer, or qualified nurseryman for development's possessing more than twelve thousand (12,000) square feet of private land. The landscape and streetscape plans must be colored. The Planning & Zoning Director or City Forester may require the preparation of a landscape plan for smaller developments by one of the noted individuals if the lot(s) have unique attributes.
1) North arrow. 2) To scale drawings. 3) Boundaries, property lines and dimensions. 4) Name of "Plan Preparer" with contact info. 5) Type and location of all plant materials and other ground covers (Please review the city's plant list and rely upon it to identify the site's planting strategy. Include botanical and common name, quantity, spacing and sizes of proposed landscape materials at the time of planting and at maturity. A list of acceptable trees is available upon request from staff). 6) Existing vegetation identified by specific size. Identify those which are proposed to be relocated or removed. 7) Method of irrigation (Note: All plant materials, except existing native plants not damaged during construction or xeriscape species shown not to require regular watering, shall be irrigated by underground sprinkler systems set on a timer in order to obtain proper watering duration and ease of maintenance). 8) Locations, description, materials, and cross-sections of special features, including berming, retaining walls, hedges, fencing, fountains, street/pathway furniture, etc.). 9) Sign locations (a separate sign application must be submitted with this application, a link and upload area are provided at the end of this application). 10) Locations and uses for Open Spaces. 11) Parking layout including spaces, driveways, curb cuts, circulation patterns, pedestrian walks and vision triangles. 12) Illustration that demonstrates adequate sight distance is provided for motor vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles. 13) Location and designations of all sidewalks. 14) Clearly identify pressurized irrigation lines and underground water storage. 15) Engineered grading and drainage plans: A generalized drainage plan showing direction drainage with proposed on-site retention. Upon submission of building/construction plans for an approved Design Review application, a detailed site grading and drainage plan, prepared by a registered Professional Engineer (PE) shall be submitted to the City for review and approval by the City Engineer.
1) Detailed elevation plans of each side of any proposed building(s) or addition(s) (Note: Four (4) elevations to include all sides of development and must be in color). 2) Identify the elevations as to North, South, East and West orientation. 3) Color copies of all proposed building materials and indication where each material and color application is located (Note: Submit as 11" x 17" reductions). 4) Screening/treatment of mechanical equipment. 5) Provide a cross-section of the building showing any rooftop mechanical units and their roof placement. 6) Detailed elevation plans showing the materials to be used in construction of trash enclosures.
1) Exterior lighting including detailed cut sheets and photometric plan (pedestrian, vehicle, security, decoration). 2) Types and wattage of all light fixtures (Note: The City encourages use of "Dark Sky" lighting fixtures). 3) Placement of all light fixtures shown on elevations and landscaping plans.
1) Size and location of all rooftop mechanical units.
If different from above
Please check the box that reflects the intent of the application
Briefly explain the nature of the request.
Please provide the land uses for properties on the North, South, East & West.
O: 35', C-1: 35', C-2: 60', C-3: 60', CBD: 80', M-1: 60', M-2: 60', M-3: 60', P: 60'
Note: This section must be completed in compliance with the City of Kuna Ordinance No. 2007-21A.
State percentage of wall coverage for each type of building material below for each frontage wall. Please attach photos to support application types.
Material & Color
Materials & Color
Number of enclosures, size and location
Note: The City of Kuna has height limitations of fencing material (Kuna City Code 4-2A-20) and requires a fence permit to be obtained prior to installation.
Include landscaped rights-of-way.
Paving, driveways, walkways, etc.
Landscaped islands, etc.
Please provide information on the site plan.
It is the City of Kuna's goal to preserve existing trees with a 4" or greater caliper whenever possible.
Bike racks, receptacles, drinking fountains, benches, etc.
The Ada County Highway District (ACHD) may also conduct public meetings regarding this application. If you have questions about the meeting dare or the traffic that this development may generate, or the impact of that traffic on streets in the area, please contact ACHD at (208) 387-6100. In order to expedite your request, please have ready the file number indicated in this notice.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) Your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) By signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) You may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field