Welcome to the newly revamped Kuna Square (K²) formerly known as
the Kuna Market Village!
The Kuna Square (K²) will be hosting its Grand Opening on May 6, 2022!
Be sure to check the Kuna Square (K²) website for updates on the 2022 season!
Location: The Kuna Square (K²) is located at the Old 4th St. Gym at 571 W 4th St. in Kuna, Idaho.
Hours of Operation: The 2022 season of the Kuna Square (K²) runs from May-October.
- Friday: 4:00pm-8:00pm
- Saturdays: 11:00am-8:00pm
- Sundays: 11:00am-4:00pm (optional for businesses)
Parking: Customers and tenants have access to free parking in the Old 4th St. Gym's parking lot located on the corner of N 4th St. and N Ave. D. The entrance to the Kuna Square (K²) is through the gate near the parking lot (see above map).
Event Calendar/Themed Weekends: For a full line-up, visit the Kuna Square (K²) website: https://www.kunasquare.com/.
FAQs: Click Here
Business Interest Form/Applications
To complete an Interest Form, visit the Kuna Square (K²) website: https://www.kunasquare.com/.
On July 2, 2021, the City of Kuna launched a marketplace of small retail storefronts (120 sq. ft.) that will help foster growth of small Kuna businesses who farm or create local products. After holding two community feedback sessions in July 2020, there were over 30 businesses who indicated their interest in participating in the Market Village. There has been strong community support for the Kuna Market Village to move forward, and also local media interest:
- Idaho Statesman (July 2020): https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/business/article244392902.html
- Kuna Melba News (July 2020): https://www.idahopress.com/kuna/news/kuna-pop-up-village-eyeing-spring-2021-opening/article_4d6ccb6f-af38-57de-a6eb-6923cecd3c35.html
- Kuna Melba News (March 2021): https://www.idahopress.com/kuna/news/construction-plans-opening-date-solidified-for-outdoor-shopping-center-in-kuna/article_12ab5ef4-2e0f-5562-8bb0-c14e7c5574d9.html
The City of Kuna hosted a 2-day event on May 6-7, 2021 to teach high school students construction skills. The City partnered with experienced contractors to help teach construction basics including framing, roofing, siding, and flooring. Over the two days, students worked directly with contractors to construct several 10x12 sheds that are now used in the Kuna Market Village, an incubator for small businesses in downtown Kuna. The training took place at the 4th Street Gym in Kuna, and all the construction materials were provided on-site for volunteers who participated.
This program was in partnership with Idaho State University and the Kuna School District and has been completed in other parts of the state, see video summary: https://youtu.be/BF1fYS9rPOg.
- Day 1: Students participated in a 2-hour training on topics related to construction: Framing, Roofing, Siding, Flooring, etc.
- Day 2: 4-6 Students were assigned to a building team with 2 construction trainers to build a shed. At the end of the event, a recruitment/networking fair was held for students looking for summer jobs/internships.
Note* Photos shown below are conceptual and an example from the Tionesta Market Village in Pennsylvania.